The CIO-T/TF/TFI Integration Division, Design Branch requires Social Scientist Level 4 The contractor shall provide support for the CIO-T/TF/TFI Integration Design Branch by applying extensive knowledge of various sciences (e.g., Human Factors, Marketing, or Psychology) and experience applying web usability testing methods of web user research studies (e.g., usability studies, creation of user profiles or personas, participatory design, surveys, heuristic evaluations, and cognitive walkthroughs).
- Conduct UX research (to conduct heuristic evaluations) on websites, software applications, and mobile apps for NGA’s web enterprises to enhance the NGA user’s experience.
- Design user-centered test plans across the design cycle from concept phase to post-release evaluations.
- Conduct web research studies (e.g., usability studies, creation of personas, and cognitive walkthroughs) to design user-centered test plans across the design cycle from concept phase to post-release evaluations.
- Incorporate quantitative and qualitative UX research methodologies to convey complex technical and business requirements.
- Conduct UX research through usability testing, interviews, card sorting, and other industry methodologies. Based on that research, provide data-driven reports, in a variety of formats, to diverse audiences.
- Create and deliver UX educational and informational briefs.
- Conduct and incorporate UX research techniques such as observations, understandings, analysis, interviews, surveys, questionnaires, card sorts, usability tests, tree tests, and A/B testing to prove or disprove assumptions, find commonalities across our target audience members, and recognize their needs, goals, and mental models in the NGA digital space either live or remote.
- Communicate research findings via written reports and oral presentations.
- Apply web usability testing methods of web user research studies (e.g., usability studies, creation of user profiles or personas, participatory design, surveys, heuristic evaluations, and cognitive walkthroughs).
- Demonstrated experience applying product usability moderating and/or test method selection.
- Demonstrated experience integrating consumer research into a business’s product design practice.
- Demonstrated experience with product usability testing tools.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing methodology concepts for analysis and brief findings to organizations as necessary.
- 15+ years of experience
- Degree: Masters in a social science research field or equivalent experience in consumer behavior, consumer psychology, market research, organizational behavior, industrial-organizational psychology or similar